Overview Pitch Workshops 2023 in the hFMA network with Sibylle Kurz!
The pitch workshops usually last 1-2 days and usually start with the lecture "Pitch it!: The art of selling projects successfully". Afterwards, participants practice on the projects they have brought with them. To participate, it is important to bring along your own idea, concept or project in order to work on the next project development steps in terms of content and strategy in a practical and concrete way.
All film and media students from the network of the hessische Film- und Medienakademie are eligible to apply.
(Details see Tab -> Participation Info)
DATES 2023 (open for all!)
Open to HfMDK students:
Studying and working in the arts, culture and media sector means thinking into the future - and then taking the next step: Ideas want to be implemented, new approaches and concepts want to be produced and discovered by an audience. Whether student short films, classic documentaries, games, animations, commercial cinema, cross- and transmedia concepts or experimental video art - creativity needs publicity!
As a creative person, you are therefore not only constantly busy developing your project, but also making the idea behind it comprehensible to others in order to inspire them. To do this, it's important to formulate your thoughts out loud and tell them to others in order to become clearer to yourself. Whether you call it brainstorming, presenting or pitching... the main thing is to get on with the projects. With this in mind, the pitching workshop has two main focuses:
- the elaboration of the living motive of the project and its strengths and weaknesses, as well as
- effective communication and presentation of the creative and thematic focus with the help of basic technical elements. Because the right "pitch" of a project usually decides its chances of realization.
These workshops will focus on:
- project development and research before presentations,
- different presentation situations and contexts,
- necessary communication techniques - verbal and non-verbal - and their effect,
- the essence of materials, themes, and their emotional effects on the audience.