THE NETWORK OF FILM AND MEDIA FACULTIES
The Hessen Film and Media Academy (hFMA) was founded in October 2007 to improve the quality of media training in the fields of education, research and
hFMA stands for raising the standards of training, research and production for higher semesters.
Its concrete measures for raising standards are:
- Providing information on study courses vie the hFMA web-portal
- Creating additional inter-university training offers such as workshops and seminars
- Interlinking the study courses of different universities where structurally or thematically relevant
- Presenting Hessian university productions at events, e.g. Berlin International Film Festival
- Organizing theme-oriented events such as panels, theme days and suchlike
- Initiating cooperation with partners from the industry, e.g. festivals
hFMA supports the contact with and exchange amongst the 13 connected universities, their students and the media industry.
The hFMA helps Hessian film and media-making attain a higher level of national and international presence and serves as an instrument for the strengthening of the location of Hesse. The hFMA is devoted to improving research and development in the fields of film and media, also on an international level.
The individual members of this media association