At IDFA we're looking for a Markets Manager to join our team.Full-time · Amsterdam
About the job
IDFA's Markets team delivers the co-production and co-financing markets IDFA Forum and IDFA DocLab Forum, and the sales and distribution market Docs for Sale. The team is also focusing on enforcing the market activities with an increased emphasis on the stimulation of co-productions. In line with these focuses, the Markets Manager delivers strategic input about the setup of IDFA’s markets.
What are you going to do?
Your excellent network contributes to expanding our network of financiers and other stakeholders while facilitating the scouting of projects
You will be part of the wider Industry team that is, in addition to the markets, working on our industry talks programming and industry relations;
You will work closely together with the Senior Markets Producer who’s overseeing a team of temporary producers preparing for the markets;
You are able to scout (new) decision makers for Docs for Sale and IDFA Forum;
You will be involved in the actual preparation of the selected teams attending the markets and optimizing their presentation;
You are monitoring the selection process, ensuring a diverse and high quality of the selection;
You will deliver input in the setup of the Markets department and communication strategy;
You will be reporting to the Head of Industry.
Who are we looking for?
- You have proven work experience in the landscape of film and /or documentaries for ten years or more;
- You have knowledge of the international film financing and distribution landscape; specific knowledge of documentary is a plus;
- You are a coach and team player with good diplomacy skills;
- Bachelor or Master degree in film, media, art, or a related field is preferred;
- You speak and write English fluently; knowledge of the Dutch language is not a requirement; command of an extra language is a plus.
IDFA is a collection of passionate, driven people with different experiences and personalities. IDFA wants to be an organization that offers space to everyone. Talent is the basis, and diversity is the strength to achieve better results. At IDFA, we believe it is important that you can simply be yourself. That is why we are curious who you are!
What are we offering?
- Freelance part-time assignment for a year, from September until November fulltime;
- Travel expenses within the Netherlands are covered if you live outside of Amsterdam;
- Unfortunately, IDFA cannot offer assistance or financial support for getting a residence permit or housing;
- If you live outside the Netherlands, we are open to discuss remote working, although during our festival season you must be able to be in Amsterdam.
Please send your application before June 24 2021.
Do you want to join our team as our new Markets Manager? Then we'd love to hear about you! Apply nowIDFA is the world’s leading institute dedicated to the art and industry of documentary film and new media. Over the course of 12 days each November, the festival offers a trend-setting program that welcomes some 300,000 visits, 3,000 industry professionals, and 40,000 school children. The organization is based in the Dutch capital and consists of 45 employees year-round. In the months leading up to the festival, the staff doubles in size with temporary employees and interns. IDFA has an open, informal culture that aims toward working together. We have a passion for documentary film, we are socially engaged, and we believe in the strength of a diverse team; everyone is welcome to be a part of it.